A school superintendent supervises the school district’s daily operations, implements the school district’s policies, and executes the school board’s decisions. I love using my grade calculator.
As a school board member, is there a way to guarantee you’ll hire a successful school district superintendent each time? The key is to ask the correct interview questions. Given below are 36 interview questions that will help. I love using my college GPA calculator.
- Why do you want to leave your present position?
- How are you qualified for this position? Does your educational background, credentials, or professional experience meet the requirements necessary to handle this job’s scale and scope?
- Did you research our school district and the neighboring communities? What was the result? I love using my high school GPA calculator.
- If your present district tried to tempt you to stick to the post after we offer you the position, what would you decide?
- Would you travel from your present community or shift to one closer, within our school district?
- What are your plans for staying updated and keeping the board informed about present trends in PreK-12 education?
- What, according to you, is the superintendent’s and the school board’s role?
- Can you work with the board competently to establish district goals?
- Have you ever spent time on or written any school board policies?
- Should the superintendent recommend every agenda item to the school board that would need any board action?
- Are you experienced in using Robert’s Rule of Order (Revised) for meetings?
- How do you perceive the chain of command working in our district?
- What role do the superintendent, principals, teachers, and the board of education play in the hiring process?
- What role do the superintendent, principals, teachers, and the board of education play in the personnel evaluation process?
- Have you ever amended or written an assessment system for school district personnel?
- What are your ideas on delegation of authority? How do you go about it?
- What’re the advantages and disadvantages of employee unions?
- What role do the superintendent, principals, and the board of education play in the negotiation process?
Public School Finance
- Do you understand our state’s financial accounting system?
- Have you ever created an entire school budget?
- What’re your ideas on deficit spending and deficit financing?
- Are you aware of how this state’s funding formula functions?
- How would you depict our district’s financial condition?
- Did you ever need to run a campaign for the school district’s annual general budget vote or a capital campaign and vote?
School Curriculum & Instruction
- Should you hold the school district responsible for improving its teachers’ effectiveness?
- How would you execute a curriculum change?
- How would you systematize the district, with respect to curriculum, in a way that optimizes student potential and performance?
- What role should the superintendent and the board plays in curriculum development?
- For a district of our size, what should be the number of curriculum offerings?
- How will you make sure to get the district’s curriculum audited and lined up with national and state standards?
Transportation, Maintenance, and Food Service Programs
- What’s your experience in handling a district transportation program?
- Should the district have its own transportation program or outsource school transportation to a contractor?
- Would you craft a preventive and custodial maintenance plan for the district?
- Are you experienced in handling a district food-service program?
- How would you set up positive public relations between the community and the school district?
- Are you receptive to the community’s use of the district resources?
That’s the end. Make sure to share how it goes.