Cybersecurity has become as crucial as physical security is. From protecting the people from any type of fraud or any cyber crimes, there are certain laws and regulations that are always set by the Government.
And when you are operating a corporate business, you need to be really careful with all these laws so that you can avoid any type of penalties from any unlawful actions. BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLP can help you in taking care of them.
A Beginner’s Guide On Cybersecurity Laws For Corporate Businesses
Here, I will guide you with the basic knowledge about Cybersecurity Law for corporate businesses that you should know.
1. Accessing An Electronic Site
Any unauthorized access to any website or electronic information system, or network is obviously prohibited. And as per the cybercrime law, a fine between AED 100 and AED 300 needs to be paid for each offense.
In case that unauthorized access bring results in the changing, deleting, copying, disclosing, and publishing of any information or data can come with penalties and sometimes imprisonment. The law imposes more severe penalties for altering, disclosing, publishing, copying personal information.
2. Electronic Communications
On protecting the integrity and privacy of electronic communications, the cybercrime law is very particular. This prohibits the disruption along with intentional unauthorized interception of any kind of online communication.
Violations of those restrictions can result in fines from AED 150,000 to AED 500,000. In case any pieces of information are gathered and disclosed as part of those offenses, the guilty might get imprisonment of a period of up to 1 year.
3. Bank Cards And Account Numbers
The cybersecurity law also offers protection for expansive categories of every kind of private information and takes actions against any unlawful access to electronic card numbers, credit card numbers, bank account statements, along with all the details of electronic payment methods.
Any use or even intent to use all those forms of information for obtaining funds comes with an imprisonment penalty of at least six months, or sometimes it charges a fine from AED 200,000 to AED 1,000,000.
4. National Security
If any person is running an electronic site or any type of It solutions to ridicule or damage the reputation of the United Arab of Emirate or any of its institutions, a penalty of imprisonment and a fine of up to AED 1,000,000 is charged.
The list of valuables that are protected by this law is as follows.
- The President of The United Arab Emirates.
- The Vice President.
- Any of the rulers of the Emirates.
- The deputy Rulers.
- The Crown Princes.
- The National Flag.
- The Emblem of the state.
- The national anthem.
- Any of the governmental Symbols.
The cybersecurity law also punishes several imprisonment and fines from AED 150,000 to AED 2,000,000 for the below-mentioned offenses.
- Insulting others along with attributing to another such an incident, which might make the person subject to penalty.
- Exploiting, publishing, transmitting, and producing through a gambling site, electronic site, or adult video content of any type of other material which might prejudice public morals.
- Using electronic sites for displaying contempt for any holy characters, symbols, rituals, and figures of Islam. This also includes the Divinity and the Prophets, along with any other religions or faiths.
- Establishing, supervising, and operating any electronic site for the purpose of human and organ trafficking.
- Using electronic sites for depositing or transferring illegal funds with the intention of hiding their sources or any kind of fact about the illegal funds.
The Bottom Line
When you are going to establish or run a corporate business, you need to make sure that you are taking proper care of all these restrictions and retaining yourself from doing any illegal cyber activities that might cause you the intended penalties and need to improve cybersecurity. If you are doing anything wrong, you should also be prepared to face almost any kind of consequences. So, make sure that everything is in the proper position.